Owning your own business can be a dream job and provide for multiple generations of a family if run properly. It can also be all-consuming and create an element of stress for the owner, as he or she scrambles from project to project throughout the workday. We've experienced this personally, as we have run our firm for over a decade, and we've noticed that it takes real effort to delegate duties and focus on the real "needle-movers" to keep the business competitive and successful.
Over the years, we also noticed that many of our entrepreneur clients struggle with the same things. It's not uncommon for a business owners to fall behind on certain key areas. You may be asking yourself some of the following questions:
- How much is the business worth, really?
- What role does the business play in my family's wealth?
- What should I be doing to grow my business efficiently and strategically?
- Where should the business improve?
- How and when should I create a succession and / or sale strategy?
- Am I doing all I can for myself and my staff to prepare for retirement?
- Do I have a highly-functioning, efficient retirement plan in place for my business?
As wealth managers, we pay a lot of attention to these things for ourselves and our clients. We've worked hard to develop and obtain tools that can assist you in answering all of these questions, and improving any area that should be addressed so that you maximize your wealth and provide the best opportunities for your staff to grow their wealth as well.
We offer four key services for our business owner clients:
- A reliable, state-of-the-art valuation service that is low-cost and easy to use, as well as update.
- A strategic growth platform that we customize for each of our consulting clients that provides a plan of action for each month to focus on strategic areas of improvement. It's not uncommon for this program to improve the value of participants' businesses by 71% or more.
- A low-cost, high-performing 401(k) program that is simple to implement and easy to administer. As a fiduciary advisor, we provide ongoing oversight and consulting to the plan sponsor.
- An integrated wealth management plan for the owner(s) that coordinates and integrates all of your assets as well as non-liquid business values into your overall family strategy.
We believe that America's small businesses are the engine that drives the economy, provides personal freedom, and provides the opportunity to enhance the lives of employees, customers and our communities. As such, we are committed to providing valuable services to those who risk their capital and invest their lives into their operations.
If you are a small business owner, contact Darren Harp or Doug Kinsey to find out how Artifex can help you.