Learn more about the Artifex Intelliplan™ total lifestyle process
Our unique process utilizes advanced tools and techniques that are academically proven and enable you to coordinate all aspects of your financial life. The end result is a well-coordinated lifestyle that meets your personal objectives, no matter what stage of life you are in.
If you are a business owner, or a professional practice owner, you may also be interested in the Artifex Business Intelliplan™, which includes the following:
- An initial business valuation that is updated annually and incorporated into your personal Intelliplan™.
- A personal / family Intelliplan™.
- Business 401(k) or pension strategies that help you maximize your personal wealth.
- Will you outlive your retirement savings?
- What will you spend your time doing when you retire?
- Which have you spent more time planning – your retirement or your next vacation?
Retirement planning is about achieving financial security and peace of mind. Knowing that you will have enough money, even when the unexpected happens, is critical to any financial plan.
But, retirement isn’t just about money; it’s also about personal fulfillment and enjoyment. It’s what we refer to as “financial independence.”
Artifex Financial Group will help you plan to get the most from your retirement years.
- Do you understand the various education funding options?
- Do you understand the impact of your funding choices on the other options available to you?
- Will the ownership of your family’s savings accounts affect the financial aid available to you?
Saving for college is a significant financial planning issue for most families. Median family income has not increased nearly enough to keep pace with rising college costs. And while there are numerous sources of funding available, identifying the right mix of alternatives and maximizing their use is a complex and confusing process.
The good news is that there are ways for families of any income level to effectively save for future college costs, and Artifex Financial Group can help you determine the best way for you and your family.
- Do you understand how your personal net worth may be exposed to major losses?
- What would you consider to be a loss you couldn’t afford to assume?
- If you died, would there be a significant financial strain on your family?
You will spend many thousands of dollars on insurance premiums during your lifetime. At various times you will probably pay for health insurance, disability insurance, auto insurance, property insurance, life insurance, and more. Determining how much coverage you need, what risks you can afford to self-insure, where you should buy your insurance, and how much you should pay for it are vitally important to your financial security.
Artifex Financial Group will discuss these issues in detail and help you spend your insurance dollars wisely.
- Will taxes or probate costs unnecessarily reduce your estate?
- Have you legally appointed someone to make decisions for you if you are unable to make them for yourself?
- Are you concerned about possible conflicts among your family members after you are gone?
It can be uncomfortable to think about death and what will happen to our loved ones and our possessions after we’re gone. What’s even more uncomfortable is to think about the state deciding what happens because we didn’t take the time to plan.
Estate planning goes well beyond making a will. It involves decisions in many different areas, including the naming of a guardian for minor children and special provisions for mentally or physically disabled children, medical directives and other end-of-life considerations, how to minimize or eliminate estate taxes, how to best handle gifts or bequests to charities, whether a trust is right for your situation, and how to most effectively transfer ownership of a small business.
Artifex Financial Group will evaluate with you the pertinent estate issues that impact your life and consider choices that you can then implement with your attorney.
- Do you have specific written short- and long-term goals?
- What would it take to live the life you want?
- If you were told you have exactly 18 months to live, what would you change?
The better we understand what is important to you, the better we can help you structure your finances to achieve your goals. Financial advisors can inadvertently try to impose their own goals on their clients.
Artifex Financial Group has found the best way to avoid doing so is to use a variety of techniques and approaches to help you clarify and communicate your goals and then help you measure your progress toward them.
- Do you carry balances on your credit cards?
- How would you manage if you had no income for six months?
- What would you do if you had to save more to meet your goals?
Say the word “budgeting” and most people will cringe or groan. They immediately think of tedious record keeping and then start feeling deprived. But all budgeting means is deciding how you will spend your money in advance so that you are making regular progress toward your financial independence.
Artifex Financial Group will help you understand the difference between good and bad debt, make sure you have enough set aside for emergencies and special opportunities, and, if needed, help you gain control over your spending.